Monday, June 2, 2014

If you plant it they will come......

I have just taken a tremendous leap into a new decade (for me). I didn't really want to except that the alternative was something I wanted even less. Aging has always been something my parents and grandparents did.....but not me.....heaven forbid! I still tear up the AARP card invitations that come almost weekly in the mail because it just makes me feel like I'm taking a stand and being that rebellious teenager and that I'll just show them......and as long as I don't look in the mirror I can almost convince myself (but the spinach in the teeth can be quite embarrassing).
And I still daydream of joining a summer league softball team and looking really good in a bathing suit....sigh....
But...the good news is that time seems to slow down or stop in the garden and in my little bitty slice of heaven surrounded by suburbia I am ageless!


So....my garden got a lot of fun birthday presents this year since I was in birthday denial and my sweet family and friends weren't quite sure how to deal with that....or they tricked me somehow by giving me really cool gifts to put in my favorite place...hmmmmmmmm...






Now that things are starting to speed up in the blooming department, I am anticipating my winged friends showing up more and more often. I've got my passionvine planted and established, my dutchman's pipevine has kicked into gear and I have two more coming in the mail. I've got pentas, salvias, cannas, hyssops, catmints, scaveola, red hot pokers, cleome, basil, cosmos, mexican milkweed, and oh so much more. The sun is shining, the bees are happily doing their thing and I am just waiting.......







So dear friends, the fennel is waiting.....the dill is available.....the rue is anticipating.....It's time to Party!


Oh and one more really cool unexpected birthday surprise showed up on my front porch........

Best birthday ever!

3 comments:

  1. What a amazing idea and nice pics. This was extremely helpful and informative for all. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete